PROPERTY OWNER PAYMENTS
Property Owners receive Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) one of two ways: (1) through Direct Deposit or (2) a Bank of America Prepaid Debit Card. The Houston Housing Authority (HHA) encourages all owners to register for Direct Deposit.
Property Owner Direct Deposit Enrollment
Effective November 1, 2013, HHA will offer Direct Deposit for its Housing Assistance Payments (HAP). To enroll in Direct Deposit, please complete and return the following documents:
1. Direct Deposit Authorization Form;
2. Copy of voided check;
4. Note: Valid email address and phone number are required.
To download the forms, click here.
Mail, email or fax the completed forms to:
Houston Housing Authority
2640 Fountain View Dr, Suite 410A
Houston, Texas 77057
Email Address: email@example.com
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Direct Deposit, click here.
Property Owner Prepaid Debit Card
The Houston Housing Authority (HHA) encourages all owners to enroll in Direct Deposit for Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) payments. HHA no longer mails paper checks.
If an owner chooses not to enroll in HHA’s Direct Deposit Program, HHA has partnered with Bank of America to offer a Prepaid Debit Card as the only other option for payment. Prepaid Debit Card funds are loaded automatically at the first of each month.
These cards are convenient and can be used to make payments directly to retailers or transfer funds to another bank account. This will help streamline the payment process for property owners and help save unnecessary fees charged by banks or currency exchange outlets. Bank of America will mail the Prepaid Debit Cards and activation instructions.
Additional features of the HHA Prepaid Debit Card include:
· Access to HAP funds is easier, safer, and more convenient;
· No mail delays or the possibility of replacing lost or stolen checks;
· Can be used everywhere debit cards are accepted – in stores, online or by phone;
· Good at more than 17,800 Bank of America ATMs, cash back at point of sale locations and teller cash access at Visa or MasterCard financial institutions;
· Convenient online access to account information at https://www.bankofamerica.com/ or by calling Bank of America at 866.213.8564;
· No check cashing fees, which can amount to savings of more than $100 per year for some of our owners;
· 24 hours a day/7 days a week telephone and web-based support in English and Spanish for balance inquiry, lost/stolen cards, and other services.
Please click here for Bank of America Prepaid Debit Card information.
Please click here for Frequently Asked Questions about Prepaid Debit Cards.
PLEASE NOTE: HHA no longer mails paper checks. HHA’s new Partner Portal supports Direct Deposit and Prepaid Debit Cards by giving you access to account information 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Please click here for information on Partner Portal.